Knyt en Knut..

KERSTIN S.DERBAUM vd.pol2 at memo.volvo.se
Sun Sep 24 11:48:28 CET 1995

--- Inkommet fr}n VD.POL2  031-667632               95-09-24 12:47
  -> IN=disney-comics(a)Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE

> KNUT:

Hiya!

   > Well, I'm still confused! If I want this book&CD you're talking
   > about, what do I need to buy?

Er... what do you mean?

   > WDC#601? Or some other book?

Oh, you wonder if there have been any commercials on this book in some
issue? Well, I don't know! The book is pretty old by now, so if so this
will be in an earlier issue that WDC#601. I bought mine from NAFS(k) some
while ago. I don't know from where *they* got their information. Ask Per
about that. In the box there's a 'Free cassette offer', if you also wish
to have a taped version of the CD. On the backside there's an adress. This
*might* be the adress to the people selling those books. The adress is:
Applewood Books, PO box 365, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730. Write to that
adress and ask them about it.

   > Is the CD included in this book or is it sold separatly?

It's included in the box, together with the book and a "Happy 60th birth-
day, Donald Duck"-card with an oilpainting by Carl Barks pictured on it.

   >> BTW. Do we have any Norwegian guy around here?
   > Yes, there are several of us. If my memory serves me right (which
   > might very well not be the case) we are at least 3 norwegian non-
   > lurkers and I would say most likely quite a lot of lurkers-so-far on
   > the list.

We? So you're a Norwegian, eh? OK, I'll ask you; about a year ago I
visited Norway. In a store I found a copy of this Norwegian version of
"From Duckburg to Lillehammer" with this special Rosa-cover that haven't
been published elsewhere. No I wonder if there have been other Rosa-covers
published only in Norway?

   > Do you (or anyone else) have any reference as to when one of these
   > stories may have been printed in Norway? I still haven't come around
   > to study the databasem but I think it's getting closer (I'll soon

Well, *I* don't have any *Norwegian references to this, but I still have
Swedish. If it's almost the same consist of the Norwegian and the Swedish
issues, I might be able to give you a hand with that. Just let me know.

   > Guess you should have put a "possible spoiler ahead alert" in front
   > of the next section (about Don's "The Incredible Shrinking
   > Tightwad")!

Why's that? I don't think that was a spoiler!

   > in Don's "Journey to the center of the earth"-story (sorry, just
   > can't find the correct title in my neurologic harddisk.

It's "The Universal Solvent".

What is "Citizen Kane"?

   > ......."No match found".....Although I'm sure I've seen that quote
   > before! Where does it originate?

The continue of the quote should be "Even a flat soda will do, but I'll
only pay you half prize!", does that ring a bell? It's from Rosa's
"Return to Plain Awful".
---

Jack Soderbaum

                         "I have only one soda left, senor... but I think
                          it has been FLAT since the Great War!
                          Ever since World War TWO?!
                          CARAMBA! There was ANOTHER one?"