Don and Robert

fumetti@alpcom.it fumetti at alpcom.it
Mon Sep 25 16:23:03 CET 1995

>ROBERT:
>> Wes is toooooo kind.  The European stories are all pretty lame
>> compared to even the most mediocre material produced by the
>> American Disney writers and artists--including  that originally
>> published by Dell and the recent Gladstone material by Rosa, Van
>> Horn, and Block/Fernandez.  Europeans tend to manufacture padded
>> stories with predictable plots, unsatisfying characterization, and
>> very little humor.  But then, what can you expect? Disney himself
>> was a uniquely American phenomenon.

Mh. Surely Disney was a phenomenon, but of what kind? May be he even did not
like very much Comics...
"Europeans" what does it mean? Did you read stories by Scarpa, Cavazzano, De
Vita, Rota? Are talking just about European *Disney* comics? What about Hugo
Pratt, Franquin, Goscinny etc... ? Even in the USA there is a big lot of
difference between Disney comics, Calvin & Hobbes, Will Eisner...
So. It seems we are starting a flame war...
Gianfranco Goria, cartoonist and comics divulger: goria at inrete.alpcom.it
president of Anonima Fumetti - Italian  cartoonists society: fumetti at alpcom.it
http://www.alpcom.it/fumetti/