The Poorest Duck. . .

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Sat Sep 30 17:09:11 CET 1995

Hi Mouseketeers!

I just finished reading DDA#35, Block & Fernandez's "The Poorest Duck in
Duckburg," the Halloween story that is somewhat of a sequal to last year's
Christmas story -- also featuring Witch Hazel.  Y'all know my distaste for
Block & Fernandez's work, although I will say that last year's Christmas
story was my favorite of theirs.  "The Poorest Duck" has some of that same
Capra-esque charm, but the story features their trademark disjointedness.  I
found the whole premise to be unconvincing.  The fact that Scrooge would buy
all the Halloween trimmings in town to keep from having to buy Halloween
trimmings didn't make any sense.  Additionally, the Beagle Boys subplot was
pointless.  I will say, though, that I did like this story almost as much as
the Christmas one -- certainly much more than the Dragon's Den and that silly
cowboy one they did last year.

-- Wes

"But, Mickey!  It's SUICIDE!  We'll be KILLED!  How'll we ever land without
wheels?" -- Captain Doberman