Kalavala

Even Flood even.flood at ub.ntnu.no
Wed Dec 1 14:06:11 CET 1999

Another hello from Norway

I can only add my own sentiments to those of Geir, this promises
to be a great story, and I look forward to the rest of it. I feared
working within the constraints of such an esoteric work as the
Kalavala would hamper Don, but this seems definitely not to
have been the case.I should have known Don's work better
by know :-) And this time the translators to Norwegian seems
to have got it right!

(I have only read the first part, it came to the shops
yesterday.)

Even

>From: "Geir Hasnes" <g-hasne at online.no>
>To: <dcml at numerus.LING.UU.SE>
>Subject: Kalevala
>Date: 	Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:40:05 +0100
>charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>Hello from Norway.
>
>I just got the Norwegian Donald Duck weekly in the mailbox, containing the
second part of Don's Kalevala story.

>It was incredible. It was absolutely way above anything he has done. He
will probably not agree with me, but that doesn't matter.

>I happen to enjoy the kind of story that suggests so much behind what is
actually told.

>The idea of introducing the Duck's into the Kaleva universe is great!
>
>I am currently reading Kalevala in a Swedish translation to get behind
Don's story - I bought the book in 1985 in Finland but haven't been able to
finish it yet - so what an occasion to renew my acquaintance with this
mythological universe!

>Geir Hasnes

Even Flood,  Senior Research Librarian
RBT/Norwegian DIANE Center,
University Library of Trondheim,
N 7491 Trondheim, Norway.
Phone: +47 73 59 51 62, Fax +47 73 59 60 97
even.flood at ub.ntnu.no
<*>
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
				(Shakespeare)