Vic. Geir and GeirDCML #5 + PM

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at kom.auc.dk
Wed Dec 1 14:04:01 CET 1999

AC:

> > From: Vic Pratt <Vic.Pratt at bfi.org.uk>
> > sorry if I appear to be a klutz, but can someone tell me exactly what
> > KOMIX is?

> Komix is a greek magazine, with comics by Barks, Rosa and other
> masters. I actually visitted the editors and they're very nice. But the
> magazine itself is one of the best Disney Comic magazines in Europe.
> (Zio Paperone is said to be superior)

Hm, I'm not sure I understand how a magazine that contains only
re-re-re-prints of Barks and Rosa stories can qualify to be "one of the
best DC magazines in Europe". The two issues you gave to me look great,
fine paper quality, great colours, (funny letters :-) but there is
nothing new as far as the stories are concerned--they can all be found
in various versions in older mags.

You mentioned ZP, but also Paperino Mese looks very interesting; one or
two new stories plus two or more classic Italian stories. These are of
course reprints as well, but mainly in Italy. I was actually thinking
about a PM subscription...

Søren