On KOMIX

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Thu Dec 2 18:30:07 CET 1999

Soeren:

>Ah well, let it be the best in Greece then, since it targets the Greek
>readers so well.

Well, I don't understand one single woed in Greek... but I do like Komix
very much

>So KOMIX is
>1) For the Greek population and written in Greek.
>2) Contains Barks re-re... which the rest of Europe has seen ad nauseam.

>What exactly makes it so exquisite then? (except from the articles and
>the glossy paper) If a comic is supposed to have an over-all interest to
>the world, it should appeal to as many as possible, but your KOMIX
>doesn't, and it was never intended to do so. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps
>the rest of Europe loves to read Barks' stories in Greek--in that case I
>apologize.

It seems to me you're mistaking *stories* with *publications*... I wouldn't
expect such a behaviour from you!! ;-))

If you're talking about *new* stories.. well, even the horrible nowadays
Topolino then is better than "Komix", "Zio Paperone" or the was "Maestri
Disney"... but we're not talking about stories.. we're talking about good
"magazines".. and those three are, while, for example, Topolino is generally
not, even though it has that ten useless new stories a week (some
exceptions.. Silvia Ziche on the latest two issues.. but that happens so
rarely...)

Sprea