On KOMIX--Once more!

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at kom.auc.dk
Fri Dec 3 13:50:59 CET 1999

ARCHONTIS:

> In all honesty, you're the *only* person to make such blant statements about
> KOMIX's non-appeal that I've witnessed so far. And what's worse, you seem to
> take your own views as evidence as to what the rest of the people think. The
> comments on this very List by other people on that matter (Don Rosa being
> one of them) and the tens of people worldwide that can't decipher a single
> Greek word to whom I've been sending KOMIX in the past 3 years, is
> persuasive enough evidence that your views on KOMIX's worldwide appeal
> represent mainly yourself.

Yes, everything I write is always "in my opinion". The fact that you
only can refer to people who loves KOMIX isn't surprising. Noone who
owns say 100 KOMIX would also claim that he or she really don't like the
magazine--that wouldn't make sense. I happened to get the two issues by
a coincidence, and apart from the articles which I can't read, there is
1) Nothing new and 2) Nothing I can't find in (to me readable) Danish in
one or more versions.

> Tell us then: according to you, which are the top 3 Disney publications in
> the world today?

I don't know, Archontis, but since you do, why go on with this
discussion?!

> What criteria would you use? If original stories is your only and primary
> criterion,[...]

I am happy to see you put the "If" there. Of course I wouldn't prefere
magazines with only new material. In fact I would like to see more old
Italian pocket material here in Denmark, just not "old" in the sense of
"having seen and read much too often", because that is *boring*!

> then as far as I know, only two companies consistently produce
> today brand-new stories: Disney Italia and Egmont. Still, I never heard
> concerted and consistent praises for either Topolino or the Egmont weeklies.

I don't think any media can produce "news" that get consistent praises.
That's the price such medias have to pay. Both Topolino and the Egmont's
are probably still some of the best weeklies in the world.

Søren