Barks outstanding stories

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Thu Dec 9 00:37:15 CET 1999

Of course, I wasn't saying that Barks is the only person who ever
influenced someone to draw disney comics.  There are many artists and
writers I've sadly been under-exposed to, because here in the US we just
didn't get a great amount of Italian stories.  Most Gladstone issues
consisted mainly of Barks, Rosa, Van Horn, Gottfredson and Egmont with
the odd bit of Verhagen and Jippes thrown in.  We have sadly gotten
*very* few Scarpa stories, and though I have a few in Italian, I don't
speak Italian so all I can say is "very impressive artwork".  I hope if
we ever have Disney comics in America again we will be blessed with some
additional variety. But right now I just hope we'll be blessed with
Disney comics in America again.

~~~Rodney.