David Rawson stories

Georgios Balanikas gbalanik at med.auth.gr
Fri Dec 10 22:35:27 CET 1999

DAVID

This "Scrooge Special" was published in Greece? It would be
>wonderful to find out my stories have reached there. (Recently,
>David Gerstein has let me know some have been published in India.
>That, too, was fantastic.) Was there a code on my story? If not,
>do you know it's title or a simple description?

Anders already answered this question.
>Ah, VACATION BRAKE where Pete and Sylvester Shyster conspire to
>steal the color from fall in rural New England. Oddly, because of
>changing global weather patterns that is exactly what happened
>this year!
>
>I had the privilege of chatting with Senor Ferioli a bit as we
>rode together on the bus back from northern Denmark to the airport
>in Kobenhavn after the Egmont conference of creators. He, too, had
>kind words for my humble script. He seemed to enjoy the challenge
>and said that for this story he had to learn to draw deciduous
>trees with which he was previously unfamiliar.
>
>He did an absolutely brilliant Pete for this story and the closing
>panel with Mickey and Minnie's tail subtly intertwining into a
>heart is classic. He understood precisely my subtext that they
>enjoy a very real and lovingly mature relationship. I'm very
>gratified to have had this story turn out as it did.

  This is one of those excellent stories that are published and sometimes
have passed unnoticed .These fascinating autumn colors and trees drew my
attention and I wrote my comment. The idea of this story is exciting and
unusual, touching contemporary ecological problems.
 I believe you and senior Ferioli did a wonderful work. Yes, the closing
scene is an apotheosis of the colors of the Indian summer.

Georgios Balanikas