Mickey Mouse daily strips

andrae andrae at global.california.com
Thu Dec 16 19:29:38 CET 1999

Dear Diseny fans:

I have followed the discussion of the reproduction of the Gottfredson
Mickey Mouse strips with sdome interest. I'm the one who collected the
strips and had Byron Erickson reroduce them in Arizona.  The collection did
not include film material but consisted of proof sheets from Mickey artist
Bill Wright and Horst Scroeder who supplied them for the years of 1946 to
1955.  I supplied the Mickey  fan card that Gottfredson drew and was given
to fans in 1931.

In addition to the proof sheets Bill Blackbeard of the San Francisco
Academy of Comic Art supplied some dialiy strips that were missing.  Other
early daily strips came from a collection I had obtained elsewhere. In all
we produced 20 sets of the Mickey dailies.

 Byron Erickson's chronology and list of sources for the Mickey Mouse daily
strips in the Mickey in Color book also patly came from me.  I worked on
the book with Bruce Hamilton and Geoffrey Blum.   At the time Geoff and I
were editors of the Carl Barks Library.  I hope that this note clarifies
the events surrounding the Gottfredson books.  It was always a dream of
mine to see these collected in some form and Floyd was also quite pleased
to see the effort that we had taken in preserving them for posterity.

Thomas Andrae

Robin Andrae
Tom Andrae
andrae at global.california.com