comics codes

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Sat Dec 18 06:09:28 CET 1999

> Stefan Persson:
>
> > AR                    Another Rainbow (Gladstone), USA
> > B                     Brazil
> > D                     Egmont, Denmark
> > D N                   Egmont Japan, Japan
> > E                     Disney Europe, Paris, France
> > F                     Hachette, France
> > G                     Ehapa, Germany
> > H                     De Geïllustreerde Pers/Oberon, Holland
> > I                     Mondadori, Italy
> > KF, KFS               King Features Syndicate, USA (newspaper stips)
> > P, PM                 Mondadori, Italy (from Paperino Mese)
> > S, X                  Disney Studio, USA
>
> Good list, but it is strange that you list "P, PM". Actually, this is
> just one of the subsets of the I-production (the right codes being "I PM
> something").
> And listing all subsets of all know production would be very long!
>
> H-publisher now is "VNU" (at least on the comics).
> I-publisher now is "Disney Italia".
> "KF" looks like the printed code used in Egmont publications.
> "K" is the official code of stories produced in the US by "Disney
> Comics" in 1990-92 or so. That's why a different letter is used, I
> think, in the Disney database (Y or Z).
>
>   Francois
Ummm, but i think there are exceptions to Barks or older stories. The codes
which i found in my version is about the original mag it first appeared???
Or am i wrong? e.g. a classic version of Brer Rabbit story is coded as KFS
24-3-1946. And a spesific Barks ten-pager is coded WDC 249 (you know, about
the cosmic machine thing). BTW anyone can tell me what "KFS" stands for???
To Stephan and Francois, thanks for putting the codes' list in this DCML, it
really helps me a lot to know about the stories' publishers.

Thanks
Arie Fachrisal:-)