DCML digest, Vol 1 #24, female duck artists

Pascal Oost poost at casema.net
Mon Dec 20 11:20:23 CET 1999

>> You are wrong! There have been dozens of female inkers, and a few
>> pencillers/artists too - for instance Wilma van den Bosch, Marga Querol.
>Ooops, my mistake then. But are those names duck artists or  colorists? Some
>female colorists i know are Susan Daigle-Leach and Linda Monez. Those 2
>names you gave me, i really never heard of them before. Wonder where can i
>find info about them.

Wilma van den Bosch works for VNU in the Netherlands.
She is part-time employed to draw editorial stuff for their various
Disney Publications (illustrations, covers, etc.). The rest of her time,
amongst other things she scripts and draws Disney comics (not only Ducks)
on a freelance basis.
Recently Wilma scripted most of the H-coded stories in VNU's "Katrien",
of which two issues have been published and a third is in production.
At the moment she is drawing a number of stories she scripted herself,
about what happens to Donald Duck in Timbuktu, after he flees there from
Duckburg. About 30p of these scripts have already been bought, and will
eventually be published in the Dutch weekly Donald Duck.
Earlier this year (issues 9-21) Donald Duck published the first part
(45p) of the non-Disney comic "Prinses Aster", which Wilma wrote and drew
herself.

POost