Mobiles?

Teme Omen.news at sci.fi
Mon Dec 20 23:15:19 CET 1999

Hi,

I just managed to get my hands on 'The Quest for Kalevala' and read it
like a man, who's lost in a desert, drinks water. Great work Don. I
think only now I understand the depth of your background research and
skill. Not only have you practiced but you are gifted (people who
practice enough can give us a great story but people with a gift can
give us a story with that special 'something').
But I have a question: if I remember correctly your stories usually take
place around 50 ties, 60 ties or something like this, right? So why did
you leave in what look like cell phone relay masts to the panel 1 on
page 25 (the one where Iku-Turso & Louhi find themselves in front of the
Helsinki central station [you know, the building with four figures
holding glass orbs])?
Otherwise, in addition to a great story, The Quest for Kalavale gives
interesting american view of Helsinki.
btw. the white cap probably should be on the female figure on that Havis
Amanda statue, at least on May, 1st ;-)
(I think, I'm not from Helsinki :-)

Merry Xmas & Happy Millennium (or just a Happy New Year, which ever you
prefer)
Teme