I'm back, I think

"Jørgen Andreas Bangor" jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Tue Dec 21 17:47:47 CET 1999

Dear listmembers!

Finally I'm delurking, and will try to become a bit more
active again. I bet you've missed me :) No? Oh, well...

For the last four years or so, most of my spare time have
been used on old ships, restoring them, sailing them, and
writing about/documenting them. At the moment I'm mostly
involved with three preserved ships; a 108 foot coal fired
passenger steamer built in 1908, a 90 foot coal fired sea
going tug built in 1910 and a 144 foot diesel powered mine
sweeper built in 1954. The mine sweeper and the passenger
ship are both active, and the tug will sail in about two
years.

There's a lot of fun and great experiences in this. Last
summer, for instance, we joined a steam ship meeting in
Flensburg with the passenger steamer, and had a race with
six other preserved ships. And last year we had a fantastic
trip with her along the Norwegian coast, from Oslo to Lofoten
in Northern Norway.

Anyway, this will not change, but I'll try to make some time
for Disney comics as well. I do of course still buy my daily,
er, weekly Duck magazine.

A few years ago I sent reviews of the Norwegian weekly to the
list from time to time. I've now written reviews of the last
six issues, which I'll now send. They are a bit long, so I'll
send them twice a day... er... two a day, I mean.

If anyone's insterested, I might continue. I won't promise
that they'll be very regular, but I might try.

And, oh yes, they'll be _loaded_ with spoilers, of course.

BTW, it's nice to see that so many of the "old" ones are still
on the list, and I'm very glad to see that there's also so
many new regular contributors. This is indeed a great list.

   Jorgen