I'm back, I think

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed Dec 22 09:29:57 CET 1999

	Hey Jørgen!

>A few years ago I sent reviews of the Norwegian weekly to the
>list from time to time. I've now written reviews of the last
>six issues, which I'll now send. They are a bit long, so I'll
>send them twice a day... er... two a day, I mean.
>
>If anyone's insterested, I might continue. I won't promise
>that they'll be very regular, but I might try.

	I'd be grateful if you would. Not only as a fan, but as an editor
for the modern Egmont comics, I'm very anxious to learn what people thought
was good/bad about specific stories. At a time when the current D-coded
stories aren't being discussed on the list very much, I'm grateful for the
depth and thoughtfulness of your reviews and really appreciate having them
back.
	So - *do* continue!
	As regards the present reviews, I'm glad you like having the *real*
Phantom Blot back. Both the Blot and Black Pete were softened drastically
for so many years - what a waste! And you know, we're doing our best to make
Pete into a real threat again, too; we lately discussed Dave Rawson's
"Vacation Brake" here, which was one great example.

>(yes, Duckburg and Mousetown is one
>thing in Norway)

	Sorry to be a critic, but it's spelled *Mouseton*, not "Mousetown".
	And as it happens, Duckburg and Mouseton are one thing in Norway
because they're one thing at *Egmont*. At Egmont today, we say that Mickey
and his friends live in Duckburg - just another section of it than Donald
lives in. In the stories we're publishing now, Mouseton isn't a separate
entity. It's all Duckburg.
	(This isn't necessarily what *I* myself agree with, but it's our
standing editorial rule, at least for right now.)

	David Gerstein
	<dge at ecn.egmont.com>