Two stones

"Jørgen Andreas Bangor" jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Wed Dec 22 17:01:06 CET 1999

 Knut Hunstad:

| This story with the two stones really was something new! I can not remember
| having seen such a cross-over story in norwegian DD before!

For how long have you been reading it? It happens from time to time, but
it is rare. The most usual occurences are in Christmas stories, were all
the characters come together to celebrate. Then we have the Grandma's Farm
Friends (or something like that) stories, drawn by Carl Barks, where
the Big Bad Wolf sometimes appears together with Donald and Grandma Duck.
The mice from Cinderella appears in both Duck stories and stories with
Cinderella. Chip & Dale also appears in strange connections from time to
time. One funny example I remember is a story where they are bothered by
Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear. The fairy from Cinderella gives them some magic
words, and when saying these, they become bigger than the fox and the bear.
Unfortunately they forget the words while being big, and to find out what
they were, they go to a cinema to se the movie Cinderella.

Another one is a story where Donald rents the three pigs' house. The Wolf
doesn't know, and Donald is _very_ annoyed when the wolf tries to catch
him.

| BTW, speaking about cross-overs, I was surprised the other day to see a
| cover page drawn by Don Rosa with both DD and MM in the same page!

The one where they're sitting in a car, at the foot of Killmotor Hill?
I think I remember Don explaining that Mickey was just visiting Duckburg,
and Donald was acting as a tour guide. Or is it a new one?

   Jørgen