Timelines

Arne Voigtmann ArneVoigtmann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 27 21:12:05 CET 1999

Don Rosa wrote:

> I'd say don't worry about it -- just read 'em all as you get your mitts on
> 'em. Since I tell stories that (in my mind, and therefore in fact, since
> they're my stories) take place in the past, I don't have the attitude that
> I'm telling the tales in chronological order. My stories are just taking
> place in a jumble of years somewhere in the early-mid 1950's. As some one
> already said, if I'm doing a sequel to a Barks story (or one of my own),
> naturally the sequel is taking place after the original. Same if I just make
> some reference to another story... but you won't know that reference is
> coming until it hits you, so don't suddenly toss the comic from you and not
> finish reading until you hunt down the referenced tale -- just don't worry
> about it.

Well, at least it would be interesting to try to sort the stories
Mountain" probably play before Christmas 1947, because there's no
reference to Scrooge), but there would be many uncertainties or maybe
even some paradoxes (story A could have a reference to story B, which
has a reference to story C - and this story C could have a reference
to story A).
So maybe we should really stop worrying about timelines and
chronology, but we could at least try to find some...

Arne Voigtmann