New Brazilian Fethry's spin-off stories on the Web!

Francois Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Sat Apr 1 18:40:18 CEST 2000

Arthur:
>     As I promised, I put some new Brazilian
> Fethry's spin-off stories on the Web. Marco
> Barlotti suggested the first Pena Kid story, when
> he was just a comic character drawn by Fethry Duck
> for Scrooge's newspaper. But his origin needed
> three stories to be told:

Many thanks for the stories you uploaded, and the translations!
Obviously, these early Brazilian stories were not reprinted in France,
and probably not in all Europe.

The only one where I had previously seen Fethry actually drawing a comic
story for Scrooge is B 780300 (Assombracao Do Porao Do Barao) also
reprinted in Italy
(http://www2.ec-lille.fr/willot/coa/cgi-bin/storycode.htm?storycode=B+780300).

Regarding the brazilian series where the action is set in a world
beneath the sea (whith Fethry as the king): I have always been a bit
disturbed by the fact that many of the background characters were fishes
(which is admitedly unusual in Disney comics) but after a few stories
I've learned to appreciate them and finally liked them a lot. Are these
a comic-book creation of Fethry as well? And beside the cow-boy and sea
series, are there any other series drawn by Fethry?

I also remember several sepcial brazilian stories which may be part of
series, but I'm not sure. One where Ludwig Von Drake tells the history
of Duckburg, the history of computers and another one with Daisy and Cie
defending themselves against several mythological monsters.