Francois: "Super Fethry"

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Tue Apr 11 03:32:20 CEST 2000

    Francois:

>The story is titled "The eleven works ofSuper Fethry", is 57 pages long and
>is divided in 11 rounds. It opens with Fethry having a nightmare. He is
>wakened up by Scrooge, Donald and Daisy who ask him to finish his article
[---snip---]

    There is no need to make scans of it! This is indeed the Fethry story
I recalled: "Os 12 trabalhos do Morcego Vermelho". I was in doubt about
it because you said it was a Daisy series... Well, originally it was a
7-chapter series printed in 1976 (phew! 24 years ago!) in Edição Especial
(EE) #63:

EE  63b B 760049 8 CHe MOV A Hidra de Lerna (9-head Hydra)
EE  63c B 760052 9 CHe MOV O leão de Neméia e a corsa dos chifres de bronze
(Nemean Lion and Ceryneian Stag)
EE  63d B 760062 8 CHe MOV As Éguas de Diomedes e o Javali de Erimanto
(Mares of Diomedes and Erymanthian Boar)
EE  63e B 760063 8 CHe MOV As Aves de Estinfale e o Touro de Creta
(Stymphalian Birds and Cretan Bull)
EE  63f B 760064 8 CHe MOV O cinturão de Hipólita e o terrível Gerião
(Hippolyta's belt and Geryon)
EE  63g B 760065 6 CHe MOV O Jardim das Hespérides
(Hesperides' Golden Apples)
EE  63h B 760066 10 CHe MOV Morcego Vermelho encontra Cérbero no inferno de
Plutão (Cerberus in the Hades)

Hey! You're right! They're actually eleven works... besides the fact the
Brazilian title says twelve! The writer apparently "forgot" to make poor Red
Bat to clean the Augean Stables... ;-)

 -- Arthur.