Beanie Babies

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Tue Apr 18 12:33:45 CEST 2000

Kriton wrote:
>Um, what are beanie babies? (A cross between jelly beans and jelly
>babies, perhaps?)

I thought everyone knew. Again, I assume too much (sorry), but I know
that BB's are found in many parts of Europe. They are simple little cloth
creatures filled with 'beans' that exemplify the worst type of collecting-
for-profit-only behavior. If you want to know more, just use a search
engine or use "Beanie" as the key word on Ebay (expect 100's of hits).
In all fairness, some are cute and many people collect them for their own
pleasure and not as an investment. The same thing happens in other
hobbies. Thank goodness nobody does that with comic books!
gary