Mickey's pet raven

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Thu Aug 10 19:17:43 CEST 2000

From: "Botto Armando" <Armando.Botto at elsag.it>

> In 1975, Scarpa introduced Ellsworth's adoptive son, Bruto (in the story
> "Topolino e il rampollo di Gancio", TL 1048). From then on, and until
1985,
> Bruto became Mickey's partner in a number of Scarpa stories

Let me correct you a bit, my dear friend :-))

Bruto became Mickey's partner in *all* (but two, maybe three) of Scarpa's
stories since "Topolino e i bottoni imperiali" (TL 1073, year 1976).
In that story Ellsworth sends Bruto to Mickey, with a letter in which he
asks him to take care of Bruto for "some days" !(HDL style).
Since then Bruto starred in all the stories written by Scarpa (the Mice
stories I mean), but not only until 1985, until now! Exceptions are the
stories about the "Venice Golden Iron" (don't know why, maybe for the *real*
disney character parade in Venice those days) and the French story two years
ago.
All these stories have internal continuity, a thing I love, and note that in
the first of this (see above, the "Imperial buttons") features one only MM's
nephew... Ferdie (Or Morty, I don't remember), just as in late Gottfredon's
stories!

I'm working on a site about such thing.. as I already said I love continuity
:-)

--
Sprea