Donald Reading Mein Kempf, ...Huh?

F. A. Elliott eliot508 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 02:06:03 CEST 2000

Strange but true,  ...well maybe. In the 1979 British
movie "Escape To Athena," directed by George Pan
Cosmatos, there's a brief sequence near the beginning
where the camera pans across a decorated wall inside a
POW camp. During this sequence one can see what
appears to be a photograph (or a cover to a magazine)
of Donald reading a book titled "Mein Kempf." It might
of been Look Magazine or some military paper. It kind
of looks like someone may have used a marker to add
the title in. I still thought it was a funny little
moment.

I didn't think Disney would allow things like that.
Then again, there are sketches, paintings, and etc
where I have seen Carl Barks or another have donald
reading "Playduck." I'm very surprised Disney had
allowed even that. "I" think it's funny, but I didn't
think Disney would've. I guess I shouldn't think that
way. Mad Magazine made use of similiar altercations to
the same hilarious results. All in good fun.

F.A. Elliott, says, just ignore the preamble below
about Jonah and whale in the affixed. Read Moby Dick.

=====
The 'one' who has a finger on 'it'... scratches against the mahogany lining of a coffin crying, "I am Jonah! I am Jonah! Spit me back out so I may see and feel the light of day again." And, the levithan does not heed for it knows every great epic must come to an 'end.'
A tasty morsel known as... "understanding."  (F.A. Elliott)