DCML digest, Vol 1 #229 - 11 msgs

Antonio Svevi robert662 at caramail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:08:09 CEST 2000

>>>Favio (Thierry Fernand) said:
>In the "Journal de Mickey" (France), Ellsworth is a real
>star, and appears in hundreds of stories (litterally). He is
>one of the main characters, together with Goofy and Mickey. >A superhero version was made a few years ago, but I think
>it was abandoned.
>
>Does anyone know how Ellsworth became a superhero (magic, >supergoobers, chemical potion, aliens, etc.)? Are any scans >available of him in his costume?

I've never heard of this superhero series as I mostly read
"Picsou" but what I know si that Genius was the main
character of many back cover gags in Mickey, from the late
80s up to one year ago, and many "mice" stories. He was
better than all other mice characters (Mickey or Goofy), at
least at the beginning. Genius was first a "genius in
everything" (like Ludwig von Drake), very good stories, but
after a few years, evolved as a childish and prententious
"bird" who was upseting Goofy everytime. This unfortunately
was no more funny.
 Tonio

PS: I never read the mail from which I post, so please don't
send me any mail.