Rude mail

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at acoustics.dk
Mon Aug 14 15:08:34 CEST 2000

HARRY:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > From: Antonio Svevi [mailto:robert662 at caramail.com]
>
> > PS: I never read the mail from which I post, so please don't
> > send me any mail.
>
> Then who sent me that mail (from the above address) with the generous offer
> to do certain sexual practices at my home?

You and others should be aware, that from some (lets call them "open")
e-mail addresses it is possible to send mails in other peoples names.

The only way to check if someone did that is to read the full header of
the e-mail in question. You'll probably find, that the "generous" mail
you received has another recipient server than the ones sent by Mr.
Svevi.

Most e-mail addresses however has a proxy with firewall to protect such
things, but others just give green light, like addresses provided by
NameZero just to name one. It's a pity, but that's how it works :-/

Søren