DCML digest, Vol 1 #231 - Amadeu

Alipio d'Oliveira Coelho alipio at ufpel.tche.br
Thu Aug 17 02:25:18 CEST 2000

> Today's Topics:
>
>     4. Re: Pistoles and Amadeu (Rich)
>

> Message: 4
> Date:   Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:27:59 +0000
> From: Rich <xephyr at jps.net>
> To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
> Subject: Re: Pistoles and Amadeu
>
> Fernando Ventura (re: Amadeu)
> > Hum, Amadeu lived on Rio, with José! In fact, one more of his neighbors
> > ...in this time, there are just Nestor and Pedrão as José's friends,
> > and he is living in a slum, a poorer. I have never heard where he comes
> > from, or where he is going after these stories. Maybe Arthur Faria Jr
> > can ad more to it! I can do the scans, but I don't know how to make them
> > avaiable! Maybe I can send you, Rich, and you can make avaiable in the
> > list!
>
> Graciously Paolo Fontanesi sent to me a scan which I am happy to make
> available to the list.  However, in my humble opinion, it looks very,
> very much like the way Renato Canini would have drawn Ellsworth. I
> suspect that Canini played fast and loose with the character of Ellsworth
> and just borrowed him for Jose's cast for a while without explaining
> anything.  I'd like to hear other opinions since, even thought this
> is apparently a story reprinted from Brazil into an Italian publication
> and the name is only slightly altered to "Amedeo", I'm betting that
> most would agree that he is still Ellsworth (Genius, Gancio, etc.).
> http://www.jps.net/xephyr/SCANS/amedeo.gif
>
> Thank you for the replies I've recieved so far! ;-)
>
> Rich Bellacera
> xephyr at jps.net

Oh, my loved comics! Since I have move for another home, my DCs are
closed in boxes hard to find a special number. But, if as far as I can
remember, Amadeo is a crown who appeared on stories with Michey and
Goofy (and he was not a school boy as is sugested in this scan). Later
he appeared with Joe Carioca, for a short period of time. I don't know
his English name, but I don't think he is a brazilian character. I will
try to find some Ze Carioca's comics in the boxes this weekend.