don rosa's duckburg

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Aug 21 15:33:50 CEST 2000

Rodney wrote:

> I choose to go along more with Rosa's duckburg than others, because
> Rosa's obviously has more thought put into it.  Other writers tend to
> change the "facts" as they see fit to make a story flow
> better.  As most
> of us know, Rosa *never* does that.

Well, never say never. Don is inconsistent himself, up to a certain level.
But only to make a better story.
In fact, I think every story teller has certain standards, but they don't
follow them if a good story requires otherwise.

But indeed, Rosa's standards on consistency are much higher than most other
Disney comics writers'.

> the Barks/Rosa universe makes the most sense to me anyway.

Though Rosa based his universe on the Barks universe, I think there are some
differences. In Rosa's universe, people seldom have funny names if they
refer to real people. And Rosa's universe is more consistent than Barks's.
Nothing wrong with either of them: they're just different.

--Harry.
http://www.inducks.net