Ohy, wait!

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Aug 21 17:57:23 CEST 2000

Oh, wait, wait, there's one more thing I meant to tell about!
They have a Spanish Military Museum in A Coruña, and I had planned to go
through it and see if I could spot a circa-1900 Spanish colonial forces
infantry uniform, such as you recall I needed recently for my "$crooge in
1906 Panama" story. The rain kept me from going there, and I was telling
one of the mayor's assistant government officials about the deal, just
making conversation. I knew what the uniform looked like, it just woulda'
been fun to see one in person in an official Spanish military museum. But
the politician said something to my translator who then said he had offered
to take me over to the museum after the late dinner, about 1 AM, and open
it up and let me wander around. I told him that wasn't really necessary,
but it was quite a neat offer! Especially on top of the help on that
subject that had come unexpectedly from the National Geographic Society
archives!
Sometimes, despite the Disney-related-frustrations, my job is such fun!