Thanks Harry!!

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Wed Aug 23 04:18:41 CEST 2000

Many thanks to Harry for offering us a first look at the 4 EC satire covers
done by Don. Truly inspired...and disturbing. As an adult, I found the duck
versions sheer genius and amusing. Seeing Donald get his ultimate revenge
on Gladstone was dark humor at its best (which may not be fully appreciated
by one not familiar with their 'history'). Understand that I have read more
than
my share of  horror/suspense comics with gory scenes with nary a nightmare
afterwards. So, I was surprised that seeing a 'psycho'-Scrooge and one of
the HDL boys ripped by projectiles bothered me. I guess I expect humans
and monsters to be capable of horrific acts and it does not affect me when
a one-time anonymous character is offed, but seeing my beloved ducks in
those situations hit close to home. Well, *please* don't read too much into
this and start a long response thread. It was just a personal observation
and
I  really did get a good laugh seeing the dark side of the ducks.