Carl Barks

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Mon Aug 28 20:28:24 CEST 2000

Reading so many feelings of fellow members of this mailing list, i felt
touched and sad at the same time. It's funny how fate made us to be a
community together, friendly, sometimes debating but still with friendly
attitudes. it's funny how so many of us here are literally from around the
globe. It's funny how we all feel sad and grieving for hearing the sad news.
It's funny how this all is caused by one person only and he's you-know-who.
He is a phenomenon. Among many other artists' articles i've read about, this
is one artist who actually humbly felt that his works didn't deserved to be
loved by so many fans while many other artists will go for fame and the
money. I guess i can't say more right now. This is what i have to say.
Although this is very simplistic, this comes from my deepest and sincere
feelings.

To Carl Barks

To the man whose hard works are my joys
To the man whose touching stories made my eyes teared
To the man whose stories also make me laugh
To the man whose imaginations ignites mine
To the man whose imaginations wilder than any of ours all combined
To the man whose stories will remain alive inside me forever
To the man who has taught me about life thru comic books
To the man who has brought me happiness in my childhood
To the man who will bring me happiness forever
To the master story-teller
To the good duck artist
To the Duckman
To the Disney Legend