Barks in Washington Post

Frank Stajano fstajano at uk.research.att.com
Tue Aug 29 17:21:00 CEST 2000

At 2000-08-29 15:00 +0000, Michael Rhode wrote:
>Saturday's Washington Post had Spiegelman's Reuters obituary - which I
>thought focussed curiously on the amount of money Barks had and had not
>made on the ducks.

That's exactly what I thought too... Funny that Spiegelman should be almost
ashamed to describe how stingy a tightwad his stereotypically-jewish father
was (in his masterpiece _Maus_, in which he somewhat tried to distance
himself from his father's attitude while describing all that he went
through in the nazi camps), and then end up writing an article like that
himself, focussing much more on the money rather than on Barks's genius. I
mean, are you or are you not a money person? I thought it was in poor taste.

  Frank (filologo disneyano)  http://www.uk.research.att.com/~fms/