Komix articles about Scarpa

Apostolis Trikourakis komix43 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:23:05 CET 2000

Francesco Spreafico wrote:

> If so, it would be nice if any of you Greeks here in list (you're hundreds
> ;-) could translate (hint, hint!) them in English for us ignorant (and
> then I could re-translate them in Italian for my coming site, if they were
> really original... especially the interview on #91).

I can translate the articles. but I need someone to check my translations
for mistakes. Maybe Kriton can help me, if he have free time offcourse :-)

> Of course those English translation would look great on Apostolis' site,
> huh? ;-)

Yup! ;-)

Komix 61, page 25:
A 1-page article titled "Scrooge, Brigitta and the Last Balaboo". It's about
the extinction of the animals.

Komix 63, page 25:
A 1-page article titled "The Old Duck and his Foundation". It's about
Scrooge's competitors.

Komix 91, page 61:
A 1-page interview titled "Romano Scarpa: the Comics Conductor". I'll try to
make a translation as soon as I can.

Komix 119, page 53-54:
A 2-pages article titled "The Great Italian: Romano Scarpa". A very nice
article about Romano's art eras: 1953-1962 (the early ages), 1963-1966 (the
transitional ages), 1967-1973 (the Classic period), 1974-1983 (the maturity
period), 1984-Today (the modern ages).

Komix 124, page 4-6:
A 3-pages article titled "A Journey to the Ancient Egypt". It's an article
about Egypt, Nile and the famous pharaoh's families. Mostly, a historical
guide to the Ancient Egypt.

Konix 131, page 4-5:
A 2-pages article titled (I'm not sure if I'm translating that correctly)
"The Miracle's yard of a great man from Venice, Romano Scarpa". That's an
article with a small introduction of his life and some words about his
cooperation with other great Italian artists.

Komix 139, page52-54:
A 3-pages article titled "Romano Scarpa's Lentints" and subtitled "Money,
adventure and cooking from the Ancient Babylon". It's about both the
Babylon's lentints and the culture. Also there is a Babylon Lentint's recipe
from Sylvester Kolomisky, a chief from Paris! :-)

Komix 67-68:
No articles about Romano

Komix 112, page 4:
There is a story Romano made in 1972 for Topolino #842 and titled "The Oil
Painting" (Italian title: Rittrato a Olio). There is a small paragraph about
the life of Romano.

Komix 55:
I don't have that issue :-(

> (BTW, on the Apostolis' page there's a "# 126 Paperino Pendolare Romano
> Scarpa"; it is not Scarpa, it's Marco Rota)

I know that that story is made by Marco rota. I made the Creator's column
after I made the 2 other columns. So, it might be a mistake. Sorryyyy!
Best Wishes

Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens
E-mail: komix43 at hotmail.com & komix at compulink.gr
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/komixgreekpage