Italian and Scarpa

pierrebi@crosswinds.net pierrebi at crosswinds.net
Wed Feb 2 13:29:08 CET 2000

>From: "Stefan Persson" <reimersholme at hotmail.com>
>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:14:00 CET
>
>>From: pierrebi at crosswinds.net
>>Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:51:53
>
>>Are These written in italian, or should these be translated?
>
>Do the writers speek Italian? If not, the stories are most surely written in
>some other language. I think most of the writers don't speek Italian.

Scarpa was, is and will be one of the best, may the best one, after Barks,
Disney writer. He speek italian, because he is italian. I like the nice
italian names he used for some character: Paperetta Ye Ye, l'avvocato
Cavillo Busillis, Atomino Bip Bip.

Filo Sganga (Jubal Cock) is a "copy" of one of the best italian actor in
'50-'60 Italian commedy movies: Alberto Sordi

My question was:

Of course Scarpa writes in italian, but his stories will not be published
in Italy. Maybe he quarreled with Disney Italia, so that i will not give
them the original italian version of his new stories, and Disney Italia
will have to translate them from an other language. I like Italy, Europe an
World, but i would like to read the Scarpa's stories in italian.

Sorry for may bad english!

Pietro Reynaud Bersanino

A person with a passion expresse it in every little act of his.
Therefore he who is possessed by nonviolence will express it in the family
circle, in his dealing with neighbours, in his business, in pubblic meetings,
and in his dealings with opponents.
(M. K. Gandhi)