Stuffed ducks in "The Gilded Man"

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Feb 6 15:42:28 CET 2000

DON ROSA to NORBERT STIPPLER, 05-02-2000:

>> In "The Gilded Man" the Ducks are especially shocked when they see
>> the stuffed ducks, ignoring the other stuffed animals.

> Yes, this always has struck me as a very w*e*i*r*d moment in Barks-Duck
> history, Donald clearly identifying with a normal stuffed duck, and
> it's dropped so casually into the middle of a classic story from his
> best period!  Mr. B musta been in an odd mood that day! Or maybe that
> pesky nextdoor neighbor jotted it into the script one day when Mr.B
> had his back turned?

Maybe Carl Barks just tried to put in a little joke on that page?
Whether it's funny or not, a good or a bad idea, is up to decide for
every individual reader. It's all a matter taste, so I don't think
there's any reason to wonder about Carl Barks' mood if you don't like
something in his work.

Greetings,

--- Daniel