Phil De Lara queries [email privately]

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at research.kpn.com
Mon Feb 14 10:08:02 CET 2000

Tristan:

> I'm preparing a small dossier on Phil De Lara, and as I was
> consulting the INDUCKS I came across something that puzzled
> me: the PDL index obtained from the "creator search" page has
> stories "first published" in the late 70s-early 80s (in CDGK
> if I remember well), long after PDL's death around 1973
> (would someone have a precise date, btw?)
> My question is: are these stories inventory material?

I think these were erroneous identifications by the Inducks indexers. Most
of the PDL cases from the 70s were indexed by the same person. I think he
mistakenly attributed a specific art style to PDL, while it was someone
else.

Anyway, the stories in Inducks from before 1963 have been thorougly checked,
so a PDL credit is quite certain. After that, we mostly rely on art
recognition.

Thanks for spotting this Inducks error!

--Harry.