Story from Barks & Strobl

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Feb 23 09:29:56 CET 2000

Henri:

> "Donald Duck, Officer for a Day ". Guess that original must be
> paid with gold now, but does anybody know about some
> reprint? Any translation is welcome, too.

Going to the Inducks search page:
http://numerus.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/inducks/
then typing in "officer*" in the title field and hitting "search", I find 18
stories. One of them is the one you're looking for:

Donald Duck: Officer For A Day
Story code: W DD 126-01
Number of pages: 14
Written by: Carl Barks
Pencilled by: Tony Strobl
Inked by: (?)
Publications:
USA
	BL 2-675*, DD 126, DD 242
Australia
	DD 158
Germany (Der Hilfs-Hilfspolizist)
	72-13+
Denmark (Betjent for en dag)
	AA72-04+
Italy (Paperino ufficiale di giornata)
	ATM 72*, TL 732*, ZP 29
Sweden (Lagens väktare för en dag)
	72-04+
Referred to in
	H 95145 (as redrawn)

(On the web page, you can click on every publication to get more
information.)

Coincidentally, it seems this story has not been reprinted recently (unless
the originals of other stories that Jippes redrew).
BTW, the Carl Barks Library ("BL 2-765") reprints both the Barks sketches of
this story and Strobl's inked version (in set 2 on page 675).

--Harry.
I.N.U.C.K.S. - the Disney comics database
http://here.is/inducks
mailto:inducks at comic.com
mailto:h.w.fluks at kpn.com (note new address)