DCML digest, Vol 1 #211 - 8 msgs

bhc@primenet.com bhc at primenet.com
Thu Jul 27 18:47:13 CEST 2000

FABIO:

>I'm feel you both are wright... So, c'mon, best if we finish this topic just
>now. The sketch WAS a tribute not an offense...

Paolo took decided umbrage at one aspect of this tribute and shared
that with us. A couple of us thought we'd in turn offer some
clarification to Paolo and anyone else who felt as he did. Now,
personally, I think Paolo overreacted, but I can understand why he
did. On the other hand, you're reacting very strongly to the very
short discussion on the matter, and I have no idea why.

Or maybe I do. At this moment, Disney comics fandom, and comics
fandom in general, is facing a dark hour. It is plain that we are
soon to say adieu to one of the true greats, if not the greatest of
the greats: Carl Barks. From what I have been told, he understands
his situation perfectly well, and has no regrets worth speaking of.
But he has been one of the most enduring living icons of the comics
business, and those of us who have cherished him as well as his work
will have some...well, adjusting to do, to say the least.

Boy, I just realized I have tons more I could say, but I'll stop now.
--
Gary