The Wages of the Last Lord of Eldorado

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Jun 1 08:40:28 CEST 2000

DON:

> But I do see what looks like "Ntov Pooa" mentioned on the cover ... that
> was nice of them. (That's how they spell "Don Rosa" in Greek!)

Actually, it says "The Last Lord of Eldorado by Ntov Pooa"... I mean
"Don Rosa", so that people who don't usually rush on the last Friday of
each month to buy Komix, will know that they have to rush and buy this
month's issue.

> That would have been one hum-dinger of a coincidence! The truck in my story
> even had the "SOC" ("Southern Oil Company") logo on the door just like in
> the movie. It had everything except Yves Montand. I mean, what are the
> odds?!

Hmmm... sounds like I'll have to make another scan from Komix, showing the
two trucks side by side.

> Both stories were about moving loads across the Andes, so I figured I'd use
> the same truck that made it about the same year my story takes place.

I wonder if they figured this out by themselves (wow!), or if you told them.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"There's something unnervingly recursive about digging up the remains of
 dead archaeologists."
-----