not-a-chapter chapter???

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Sat Jun 10 15:42:51 CEST 2000

> From: Botto Armando <Armando.Botto at elsag.it>
> The book's title is "Paperdinastia: la grande storia dei paperi piu'
famosi
> del mondo" ("Duckdynasty: the great history of the world's most famous
> ducks") (Why "duck*S*", you might ask ? Who knows... ;-)). Its 388 pages
> reprint the original 12 chapters, plus 6 other stories: "Of Ducks and
Dimes
> and Destinies", "The Cowboy-Captain of the Cutty Sark", "The Vigilante of
> Pizen Bluff", "The Dutchman's Secret", "Hearts of the Yukon", and "Last
Sled
> to Dawson".
> The book contains also Don's "Duck Family Tree", and an index of the names
> of the characters appearing in the saga. Technical data: softcover, Lit.
> 16,900 (about $ 8).
Is there anyone from Italy that would like to help me get my greasy hands on
that lovely book? I'll pay or trade with whatever you like. Please contact
me if there's anyone who can help me. Thanks in advance.

> From: "Apostolis Trikourakis" <komix43 at hotmail.com>
> "Last Sled for Dawson" as a Lo$ chapter? I don't thing so.
> From: "Fluks, H.W." <H.W.Fluks at kpn.com>
> In this case, it's up to the editors to decide how they advertise a story.
> This Dawson story was also in the Lo$ album series in Holland, so Italy is
> not the only one...
> >But he didn't intend "Of Ducks and Dimes and Destinies" to be part of Lo$
> either. Still, most people refer to that story as being "chapter 0".
> Not Exactly. You see, Don said in an interview (again) that "Of Ducks,
Dimes
> and Destinies" is actually the 0 chapter. He didn't say anything about
"Last
> Sled".
Ummm, can i also express my subjective opinion? Just a guess though, perhaps
Don himself can clarify all this mess. i believe that this flashback thing
is one way to achieve the actually-meant-for-serials-episode to fit better
to be both a one-shot story and a part of the chapters. i can't imagine how
after 6 months the Lo$ 12
chapters were printed, they print another chapter, ex: 9b with no flashback,
you see that would create a confusion and may even driven those first
time-readers crazy looking for the chapter 10 in the next issues. As you
know there're lotsa first time readers everyday, imagine me a newbie reading
an Uncle Scrooge story for the first time and reading the 9b story, and
liked it a lot but finds a confusing situation where i definitely can't find
the next episodes in the next issues, i may end up despise the Uncle Scrooge
story. Perhaps i'm not so good at English language, i'm still having problem
to express my opinion in short sentences. Oh well.

Cheers,
Arie Fachrisal who haven't read any of the "additional chapters" yet except
for the Duck, Dime, Destinies and Cutty Sark.