174 Don, Apostolis, Arie

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sun Jun 11 13:03:29 CEST 2000

Apostolis

> Actually, the number of your greek fans is over 70.000! The Komix's
fans is
> over 100.000 I think. And they know your e-mail address, too! (from
both
> Komix and my page).
Gosh... let's hope they don't write in greak...

> The latest story of you I read was "The Last Lord of Eldorado" story.

> Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens

DON
> My word... an entire Digest about this new Italian Rosa "Lo$" book!
And I
> did not even know it existed (or was even planned) until Archontis
> mentioned something about it during his visit, obviously under the
> assumption that I must certainly know all about an entire book being
> published that contained only my work. No, that's not how the "Disney
> system" works. I never knew a thing about it. Now I'm trying hard
just to
> see if there's a way I can BUY a copy for myself! Pretty strange, eh?
Eh,
> I'm used to it by now.
I should think Armando who got the book for me, should be able to find
a copy for the author himself and for our Indonesian member:-) Huh,
Armando?

> But why didn't someone wonder why "The Dutchman's Secret" is in that
book?
> It's not a "Lo$" story in the very least way! It has no flashbacks to
> $crooge's early life at all, not even a one-panel one! How do the
editors
> explain their inclusion of that one? (Well, even if I ever get a copy
of
> the book, I won't know that since my papa never taught me Italian.)
I could think of a reason. But it doesn't do you any good that they
print an extra story as they don't give you credits per sold book (not
disney policy I guess...)
The reason would be not to make the readers mad, they see in the ending
of your  Pizen Bluff that there will be a follow-up to that Dutchman,
and they wont be satisfied with the story being in some other
publication. So it's in the book. (and that was the only possible
reason as you point out in your following mail to the list)

Actually it's also quite smart of you, seen from the egmont reader's
point of wiev to include the Chevalier Noir in the Attaaaaaack story,
and to make a Lo$ B chapter for Picsou. If egmont doesn't publish those
stories the readers will be disappointed or even mad. At least if they
know about those two stories. I'll try to see to it that they will.
Anyway they will at some point start to wonder about the expanding lack
of new Rosa stories... We're at least getting used to one every half
year or so, in the dansih mag. But maybe they'll publish Treasure under
Glass telling it's a new story? I hope not, but anyway they will
publsih the story.

Arie Fachrisal
Sounds extemely confused today :-))

I think I know what you mean (?!) But 9b doesn't exist, as i said the
italian may have made it up. What is coming up is chapter 10b with
Theodore Roosevelt at the panama channel, working with Scrooge as Don
explained to us recently. And yes, if Don sometimes decides to say:
This is the last chapter of Lo$ maybe we will see a book with "all"
chapters.
Allready in 1997 when they printed the Lo$-book in DK and other
countries, they showed sopme panels from Pizen Bluff-story. telling it
could be seen in this and that weekly. If I hadn't coincientally been a
subscriber and had that weekly, I would had been pissed of and would
have complained.

I am getting this italian book now, but I don't know if I would like a
danish Lo$ all chapters collected. I'd rather see a Rosa all works
collected. That would be a treath to the many new readers, as Arie
mentions them.
I would then hope that some egmont fellow would have it in his mind to
send the books to Don himself, or it would become a bit expensive for
some fan, maybe me.
(We're in what germans call konjubnktiv tense right now, being very far
out in the if ifs...)

> That's "inexplicable"!!!
One explicable in one way at least.

> I thought that all the stories take place *before* that year.
> That;s my fault, sorry again!
They do happen before that year, but no in the year.

> Again, a question for you: What's your plans about Lo$? Are you going
> make many new chapters like "The Cowboy Captain of Cutty Surk"?
LOL:-) Excuse me for laughing a lot but Cutty Surk sounds a bit too
funny in danish... anyway it's spelled Sark (why not Shark, I wonder)
but they might pronounce it surk