Skin color

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Wed Mar 1 19:09:14 CET 2000

Jorgen sez
> And another question, just because I'm curious. Being white, I have no
> problem with identifying myself with Donald Duck and all his everyday
> problems. Do black people (or people of any other race) indentify with
> him just as easily? I mean, I regard him as white, but being a feathered
> duck, the skin colour is sort of irrelevant.
Being yellow, i've never even think of any skin colour of Donald and crew.
It will be very irrelevant. i think some (men) are white, some are black,
some are red (indians), and etc. and etc. but donald IMHO will claim himself
being duck. No color skin whatsoever thank you. Heck, you seriously don't
think the Beagle Boys are yellow and Mickey is black;-) The characters were
made to be universally accepted and so skin color doesn't apply here. Anyway
that's just my opinion.

Best,