Articles about comics in German Disney titles

Sven-Oliver Troschke troschke at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Mar 10 19:29:48 CET 2000

Hi all,

last time, I wrote to the list, I complained about the fact, that we do not have
such nice 'scientific' articles in our German titles, like they have them in the
Greek Komix, for example.

To that Anders Christian Sivebaek wrote:

> I understand you poor situation.
> But  hey, you do have a Barks Library, and the Rosa albums you
> mentioned.
> And if I remember right you have 2 pages of articles in the DD
> Sonderheft (Extra magazine) every month. But maybe they aren't so good?

Anders Christian's mail made me realize, that I simply was not aware of some
places where such articles indeed are published. I cannot say anything about the
articles in the Barks Library, since I already own the American edition and thus
do not buy the German edition as well. I like the articles in the DD-Sonderheft,
however, and only had forgotten them, because I am not a regular buyer of this
series.

Adding to Anders Christian's list I now remember that also in our 'Lustige
Taschenbuecher' series there used to be some pages on the history of comics. But
now they are gone, I think. Maybe not enough readers of this series were
interested in such stuff. Does anybody have more information on that matter?

Admittedly, the situation here in Germany is not as bad as I thought in the
first place. I apologize for having described the situation too negatively,
although there surely is some margin for improvements.

> I suggest that you contact the german club of Donaldists. They published
> 107 or 108 fanzines about Duckburg and the inhabitants.

This is a good idea. I even had already thought about joining the Donaldists as
well, but was a little reluctant up to now, because I always thought they are
taking things too seriously. But at least I could try reading an issue or
another of their fanzine. Maybe I even get hooked on.

Are there many Donaldists on this list? No matter whether they are from Germany
or from some other country. I believe there are Donaldists or similar groups in
other countries than Germany as well, or am I wrong?

Bye for today
Sven