digest #111

Frank Stajano fms at uk.research.att.com
Mon Mar 13 14:08:37 CET 2000

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Don Rosa wrote:

> but more significantly, when friend and ML member Francesco Stajano
> visited here last month, we set about with the specific purpose of
> preparing the material for a website-feature that would be a lengthier
> report of a visit here, including many photos. If Frank has as much free
> time to work on such stuff as I do, he might whip something up by the year
> 2009... but I hope he finds a break in his schedule eventually, and he'll
> put together a lil' photo-text essay and tell us where on the WWW to view
> it.

Don, this is the most apt description of the current state of affairs that
anyone could come up with. I can't begin to say how bad I feel for having
enjoyed the privilege of your company and hospitality (a second time,
after my 1996 visit for the book) without yet having written so much as a
line on all that you showed me.

I do hope your 2009 prediction will eventually prove to be a slight
exaggeration, but it sure feels ominously right from where I stand now...

To all, an unworthy appetiser of what's to come:

1) Look forward to the Caballeros story, and in particular to a
Donald-that-Don-doesn't-treat-like-a-worthless-idiot. But also to the
introduction of a... hmmm... "sexy" might be too much... let's say
"titillating" young lady!

2) Again on the Caballeros: a peculiar "musical" scene (you'll love
this if you're familiar with the cartoons) and one of the greatest action
panels you've seen.

3) Gyro (who's Gyro?) is too shy to be properly photographed, but I think
we got in a shot or two all the same.

4) Don cooks a great steak!

5) Never compete against him on eBay for Disneyana -- or do so at your own
risk!

6) Scoop! History! We've got a (new) photo of the man in his Captain
Kentucky outfit! Wait 'til you see that... ;-)

    Frank   (filologo disneyano)  http://www.uk.research.att.com/~fms