Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

Kari Lepola Kari.Lepola at hut.fi
Sat May 20 13:48:11 CEST 2000

Yossi Horowitz

> I'm the kind of person that wishes they had comics at >my local public library so that I could read them and >then return them. Anyway, I'd really love to read Life >and Times of Scrooge McDuck. But I can't pay the $4 back >issue price. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

We are talking about USA, right? I am not sure if this
will apply there, but do they have have those comics
in some other public library? If so, you might be able
to get them temporally to your library as a some sort
of  "a long distance lend". Some other DCML reader who
has got the american issues could probably give the
needed information to specify which numbers of which
magazine you want etc. If all else fails, is there
(USA?) such a library which collects one copy of practically everything
for researchers to use?
As of how much this costs or even if it is possible,
I obviously don't have a clue. At least in Finland
"long distance lend" is rather cheap and finding a
library which has comics is easy.

Kari.Lepola at hut.fi