Don

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon May 22 13:34:37 CEST 2000

Don (Thursday, May 18, 2000 1:05 PM):

> > Don asked about the baseball playing ghost
> And no one has come up with an explanation yet. Everyone was
> as puzzled as I was by the scene?

I haven't seen the cover. But isn't it possible that the cover just features
a ghost for the sake of the joke? Maybe not a good joke, or one you don't
get...

> Also, the French know that I want
> the Money Bin coins to be silver and copper so they color
> them that way for
> my stories, and they even put a "$" on the Bin rather than a
> "f" which is nice of them.

This sounds horrible to me. Every country has its own traditions for Disney
stories. In my country, coins are always yellow, and bills are green. Even
if Dutch coins are silver and copper, and Dutch bills have all kinds of
colours.
The money is called "Gulden" and Scrooge has a big "f" sign on his bin. I
would be offended if the Dutch editors put a dollar sign on Scrooge's bin,
just to please the author of the story.
Also, the Egmont colouring of Life-of-Scrooge chapter 12 (which they also
used in Holland) still looks very strange to me. It's against the Dutch
tradition.

BTW, talking about traditions: in this week's Dutch weekly, Scrooge is
Grandma's brother again. Now that *is* confusing...

--Harry.