new Barks pre-comic work found (similar to eye-opener)

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 03:27:58 CET 2000

well, I just found another "lost" Carl Barks pre-comics work, in the first
issue of "Old Nick's Annual T.N.T. " is a poem and illustration bylined "Carl
Barks" .
  There are some other illustrations that I had wondered about before I found
the signed work
  There is no date in this magazine, but it includes stories about Mae West,
Major Bowles Amateur Hour, and the Spanish Civil War.  I have a fair
collection of 20s and 30s adult joke books, and this is the rawest stuff that
i've seen yet (except for tijuana bibles).
  Published by Nickerson Publishing Company, 419 South Third Street,
Minneapolis

Steven Rowe