Carl Barks' view on death

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Nov 23 16:11:01 CET 2000

ARCHONTIS PANTSIOS, 22-11-2000:

> Here's Barks' views on death in his own words, as he expounded them on
> June 18, 2000, a couple of months before his passing:
> <<When a person dies, what is called the soul is just a bunch of spools
> of memory that dies with the body. [...] All of the memories we've stored
> up just disappear--like on a computer.

I'm deeply impressed by Carl Barks' comments on death. I hope he's wrong on
this subject and that there really is life after death.

But even if he is right about the human mind being a computer, and that his
computer is now turned off, then there is still lots of his output and
software running on the computers of his many fans.

Even if there isn't life after death, I think that a person only really is
dead if he/she is faded from the memory of the living people and the people
who have yet to be born. So, at least in this context, Carl Barks' soul is
still alive for me.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel