Money Bin Trap Doors

Vainio Jyrki jvainio at levi.urova.fi
Tue Nov 28 08:40:34 CET 2000

I remember that as a child reading the stories my favorite thing in the
Money Bin was the trap door mechanism that allowed Scrooge to get rid of
unwanted quests (asking for money, most of them) quickly: he would pull a
lever and the floor would open in front of his desk to drop the unhappy
visitor back to the street. It seems that this was mostly in use back in
the stories where the money bin was a downtown office rather than a huge
building up on Killmotor Hill, though. I know OTHER artists have used it
in that location, too. Does anyone recall such a thing appearing in later
Barks stories? Where would the expelled visitors come out on the hill?
Drop into garbage cans?

---Jyrki Vainio, Finland