cubic acres

Frank Stajano fstajano at uk.research.att.com
Tue Nov 28 14:18:31 CET 2000

At 2000-11-27 20:48 +0100, Blasco Pisapia wrote:
>  Of course, 3 cubic acres is not a real measure, but if it were, then the
> Bin should be about 3 times as big: 360 feet.

Of course, 3 cubic acres is not a real measure, but if it were, then the
Bin would be 6-dimensional.

"Cubic acres" is funny because it's absurd, like the centrifugilillions,
and it can't be converted to a volume -- although I'm sure there will be
non-mathematicians ready to argue that a cubic acre is the volume of a cube
whose side has a surface of one acre.

  Frank (filologo disneyano)  http://www.uk.research.att.com/~fms/