internet revolution

Henri Kunne HJC.Kunne at net.HCC.nl
Tue Oct 17 21:19:13 CEST 2000

Per Erik Malmström,
(hope I got that one right; my email program made a mess of it!)
at 12:00 17-10-00 +0200, you wrote:

>John Garvin:
> > Sure Disney has a lot of lawyers,
> > but do they have time to after hundreds, even thousands, of internet
> copyright
> > viloations here in the States?
>
>The answer is most likely "No", but does that justify breaking the law?
>The copyright laws
>were created for a good reason, and I believe that reason is just as valid
>today as it was ten
>years ago. Why shouldn't it be?
>     I wholeheartedly share Joakim Gunnarsson's opinion that only rare
> material belong on the
>Internet. New stories can be bought over desk.

Per, you may be talking about laws and moral idealism, but John is talking
about facts and human nature.
I, too, am convinced that Disney and all the others of his kind are
fighting a lost battle - even if I'm not as
'optimstic' about time as he is; I'm afraid the struggle is going to take
many decades.

>The guy who did the "obscene" MM-story (Air Pirate Funnies) is named Dan
>O'Neill. Don't know anything
>about him, except he showed me Mickey & Minnie in the nude, and I still
>haven't recovered!

Oh, you haven't....? Now, please don't make a fool out of yourself!
Nobody's ever going to complain
about Donald, or one of his gang, in the nude, or Pluto, or even Goofy in
the very old days. So what's
wrong with Mickey? I strongly dissuade you to read one of the oldest issues
of the Italian Topolino; in
those days, Italia allowed naked Mickeys. (I know of issues 145-146; a
Scarpa story, btw.)
         What about the bootleg story, this is the first time I see it
mentioned on this list. Years ago, I
read about it on a site containing the Usenet archive. (Something like
www.deja.com or www.dejavu.com,
I don't remember it exactly, even couldn't say if it's still online.) Only
one posting is about the story,
so either is has never been answered at all, or somebody sent an answer by
private mail. Anybody
on this list got more information?
         Greetings, Henri