New Barks/Jippes JW-story?

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Apr 5 16:13:49 CEST 2001

HARRY FLUKS, 05 APRIL 2001:

> I just had a phone call with the Dutch editors, so here's some news
> and some replies. [...] The next Barks/Jippes JW story, "Eagle Savers",
> will be in the weekly of week #24.

I'm puzzled. When I saw Daan Jippes at the Dutch convention of October
1998, he showed me (xeroxes of) art for a story which I then recognized
as "The Phantom Joker" (JW 22), also known as "High Wire Heroes".

So, I expected this story to be published first. Now that you mention
"Eagle Savers" instead, I would like to know for sure if I *really*
have seen "The Phantom Joker" (instead of another story).

I only talked very shortly with Jippes, maybe for about 5 minutes.
When he showed me the art, I certainly wasn't the only one interested
in seeing it. So, I could not look at it in detail. I think I hazily
remember some scenes, like a juggling nephew and a giant alligator/
crocodile coming out of table.

When you call the editors again, can you ask them about the existance of
Jippes' re-inked "The Phantom Joker"?

Or can someone else here verify or refute its existance?

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

"We eat Vitamin Zee in our oats and tea!
 To make us STRONG and help us SEE!
 Vitamin Zee gives us BONE
 and endless, boundless MUSCLE TONE!"